Nick Millman's Oscar Collection
note that these profiles have been based, wherever possible, on original
photographs. They are not intended to be definitive and represent my
personal interpretation of wide-ranging source material, including eyewitness
descriptions and combat reports. I have noted where details are
speculative and modellers should decide for themselves whether to include them!
They are not intended to discredit other interpretations.
They are artistic rather than technical and should not be viewed as scale drawings. The scanning process causes some colour shift from the original, carefully mixed watercolour!
1. Ki-43 I 1st Sentai, Burma, late 1942
2. Ki-43 II 33rd Hiko Sentai 2nd Chutai, Burma, late 1943
3. 1st Chutai Leader, 25th Hiko Sentai
4. Ki-43 I 50th Hiko Sentai 2nd Chutai Sgt Mjr Chikara Kotanigawa, Burma, 1942
5. 64th Hiko Sentai 2nd Chutai, Burma, early 1943
6. Ki-43 II 77th Sentai
7. Foreign Oscars
Return to Main Menu